Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Time

It's summer, yay!!!!!!!   I was so happy to see the end of the year...it was a tough one, but we made it!  I will be teaching Transitional K this coming year, so I have spent this month doing a little research trying to find out how and what to do with this level.  Even though I am not in CA, the state has mandated TK classes this coming year because the entry date was changed. So, kids who now are not old enough for regular K can sign up for TK and then attend regular K the following year. Anyway, there is some info out there if anyone else is teaching TK let me know! I would love to know what you are doing!

I went into my classroom yesterday to paint my bulletin board and almost cried when I saw my room! NOTHING was where it was supposed to be! Instead of crying, I took a breath and started moving...my desk, a big bookshelf, filing cabinets, and tables. After getting that all moved I was able to start painting...well after I removed all the staples that were left in the board from the previous owner!

Here is the before picture...isn't it a lovely color?


I decided I was tired of hanging paper so I painted the board instead!


The pink side will be where I put my birthday cakes and the blue is for calendar and other works of art. I will post again when I have it done.

If anyone else is teaching TK or has any ideas let me know!!

Before I sign off I want to thank Marlana at Lil' Country Kindergarten for posting a link to my blog! If you haven't been to see her you better get moving! She is a great resource and has been very helpful to me!

Enjoy the sunshine!
~Steph

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could paint our walls. I like the idea of being able to change things up without having to deal with paper all the time. Thank you so much for sweet words, Stephanie. :)

    Let me know if you want help with a blog button.

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to paint my bulletin board this summer, but found some material I loved. So, probably on next year's to do list. Love changing things up!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph,
    I love the shades of blue and pink that you picked! Lovely!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete