1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Here it goes...
Part 1: 12 Things about me:
1. When I was little I would get homesick...now I live 2500 miles from "home"
2. I have 1 sister who has 2 boys who are 11 months older and 10 months younger than my son...going to be fun when they are a little older!
3. 3 years ago my sister-in-law, 8 and 5 year old nieces and I donated 8 inches of our hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
4. I hate having misspellings or grammatical errors in my writing...even on facebook! I hate it so much that I will choose a word I know how to spell over one I'm not sure of just to make it right, even if the other word sounds better! Maybe it's because I'm a teacher and people expect me to spell correctly?
5. My mom played matchmaker...then her little girl moved across the country...should have thought twice! But he is a SUPER hubby!
6. We have 8 horses, Spider, Sable, Jackie, Star, Johnny, June, Little Nicky, and Bandit.
7. I got the best Christmas present ever.....house cleaning service every other week....WOW! I am so SPOILED...I love my dad and sister even more for that gift!
8. I have 2 furry kids, Chuck, an Australian Shepard. He is probably the most spoiled cow dog in the world!
And Layla, the most lovable stupid dog you could own! She is a Maltipoo and a major traitor...I had her before I met the hubs and who does she get more excited to see...you guessed it...him!
9. I love the snow!! Probably because I didn't grow up with it, but it could snow all winter and I probably wouldn't complain. Besides, who doesn't love a snow day?!
10. My coworkers introduced me to Pinterest...D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S!!!
11. I never thought I would say that I like to read but its true. I love a can't put it down book. I'm always up for suggestions, but I don't do scary, I like to sleep at night!
12. Best for last...I have a 1 yr old son who is AMAZING! Being a mom is unexplainable! I love it so much. I'm sure there will be days when I will want to give him to the zoo or circus, but right now he is so much FUN!
Part 2: Kristin's Questions
1. How do you relax after a stressful day/week?
Play with Colt!
2. What's your guilty pleasure TV show?
Teen Mom or Kardashians (did I really just admit that one?)
3. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Too many, but I love shoes and boots and flip flops
4. What is your favorite place to buy school supplies?
Target dollar spot has great back to school finds...keep your eyes open in Aug!
5. What is your favorite board/pin on Pinterest? (or your favorite recent idea if you aren't on)
A coworker pinned Candy Corn cupcakes...so cute!
6. What is a super easy meal you like to make for dinner?
Garlic Chicken in the Crockpot
7. What frustrates you about blogging?
Not knowing how to do cool stuff
8. If you found the perfect unit on a blog, the topic/skill would be ______?
Geesh, maybe something with reading.
9. What is your favorite thing to teach?
I like math but only at this level...I'm not much for higher math!
10. What is one of the funniest kid moments you've had at school?
I had a little boy tell me: "Ms. Nutt...you're (insert laugh) ok ok for real, you're a hot sexy mama" No joke! I had to step out of the room to laugh after telling him that's not a nice way to talk to ladies.
11. The most played song on your iPod is _______?
I love Lady Antebellum right now
12. Who inspired you to become a teacher?
I would have to say my first/second grade teacher. I went to a very small school, K-8 with 100 students total! There were 5 classrooms and teachers taught 2 grades, except in Kindergarten.
Part 3: Tag, You're It!
Heather at Heather's Heart
Holly at Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Lindsay and Kerri at Teacher Bits and Bobs
Kristen at A Teeny Tiny Teacher
Amy at The Resource(ful) Room
Kristina at Coloring books and funny looks
Sharon at Teaching With Sight
Abby at The Inspired Apple
Cindy at For the Love of Kindergarten
Pam at Can Do Kinders
Donna at Peace, Love, and Learning
Shannon at Kindergarten Hoppenings
Part 4: Alright, here are your questions!
1. Why did you decide to create a blog?
2. How did you learn the tricks of blogging?
3. Do you have any hobbies?
4. In my spare time I like to______.
5. My biggest challenge in the classroom is_____.
6. What is your go to behavior modification plan for little ones who struggle with your whole class behavior plan?
7. What is one funny thing a student told you?
8. Does your school use a reading and math curriculum?
9. Where is one place you would love to visit?
10. What is your favorite store?
11. What is your favorite meal?
12. I couldn't be organized without _______.
I'm looking forward to reading your answers and making new blogging friends!